Kevin Li, head of Canadian investment banking at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, was promoted to lead its European business, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial-services recruiting firm.
Other moves in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Ed Dodig, head of CIBC World Markets’ Europe and Asia divisions, moved to Toronto to lead the bank’s new financial solutions group in capital markets trading. Wayne Lee, senior vice-president and chief financial officer of the wholesale banking unit, replaces Dodig.
* Romit Malhotra joined Deloitte LLP as an executive director of capital advisory. He was most recently a director at Crosbie & Co.
* Tomas Kwong left Deloitte for Credit Suisse Group AG’s investment banking team in Toronto.
* Laurenn Russell joined Vancouver-based Teck Resources Ltd. as an exploration business analyst. Russell was most recently with Dundee Capital Markets Inc.
* Forest products analyst Stephen Atkinson joined Dundee from Bank of Montreal.
* Director Eric Poupart left Bank of Nova Scotia’s risk solutions group to join National Bank of Canada as a managing director in the risk management solutions group.
* GMP Securities LP hired former Macquarie Group Ltd. pipelines analyst Robert Catellier.
* Todd Pigott left Macquarie to join Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. in New York as senior vice-president, equity sales.
* Mike Burnett moved from Birch Hill Equity Partners Management Inc. to Canada Pension Plan Investment Board as a senior analyst of relationship investments.
* David Caputo left Royal Bank of Canada’s leveraged finance division to start a private investment fund called Rift Valley Equity Partners LLC.
* Andy Wang joined CIBC’s mergers and acquisitions team as an analyst, having most recently worked with the private capital unit of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.