Las Vegas Sands Corp. restored its websites to service after almost a week offline, following an attack by hackers who haven’t been identified.
The websites of Sands and its casinos in the U.S., Singapore and Macau, China, went back in operation yesterday, Ron Reese, a spokesman for the Las Vegas-based company, said in an e-mail. Staff e-mail, which had been disabled by the intruders, was restored starting on Feb. 14.
“We continue to investigate what, if any, other systems may have been impacted,” Reese said. “The company continues to assist various law enforcement agencies in the investigation.”
The sites had been down since hackers defaced the home page of Sands’ Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, casino on Feb. 11. The intruders posted employees’ personal information and criticized Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Sheldon Adelson, a staunch supporter of Israel, over his comments on Iran’s nuclear plans.
Sands, the world’s largest casino operator, is working with state and federal law enforcement agencies investigating the attack.
Sands rose 0.6 percent to $80.66 at 12:22 p.m. in New York. The shares had gained 1.6 percent this year before today.