Bloomberg the Company & Products

Bloomberg Anywhere Login

Bloomberg

Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.

Company

Financial Products

Enterprise Products

Media

Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000

Communications

Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

SunEdison Gets $176 Million for South Africa Solar Plant

Nov. 6 (Bloomberg) -- SunEdison Inc., the solar-plant developer and polysilicon supplier formerly known as MEMC Electronic Materials Inc., received 1.8 billion rand ($176 million) in financing for a project in South Africa.

The Overseas Private Investment Corp., the U.S. government’s development finance institution, provided the loan to cover 75 percent of the cost of the 2.4 billion rand project, St. Peters, Missouri-based SunEdison said today in a statement. The company will own 51 percent of the project, with unnamed South Africa companies owning the remaining 49 percent.

The 60 megawatt Boshof Solar Park Project, located in the Free State province near Kimberley, will sell power to state utility Eskom Holdings SOC Ltd. under a 20-year contract once operational in the fourth quarter of 2014.

To contact the reporter on this story: Ehren Goossens in New York at egoossens1@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Reed Landberg at landberg@bloomberg.net

Please upgrade your Browser

Your browser is out-of-date. Please download one of these excellent browsers:

Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer.