Royal Bank of Canada in New York added Matthew Wade, formerly of Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, to its North American project finance group as a director, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* AltaCorp Capital Inc. hired the Canadian Stifel Financial Corp. trading team. Tony George will head the team which includes Dave Tomlin, Andrew Menzies, Peter O’Connell, Albert Sheynzon, Ara Ghazarian, and Guy Daly. AltaCorp also added research analyst Chris Murray from PI Financial Corp.
* Sashen Guneratna is now managing director, infrastructure and project finance at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in Canada. Guneratna was previously a vice president of investment banking at National Bank of Canada.
* Canaccord Financial Inc. hired Bradford Bodine as its head of U.S. debt from Pierpont Securities LLC.
* Robert Cooper left his role as oil and gas research analyst at Haywood Securities and returned to Acumen Capital as an institutional salesman.
* Jorge Adib moved to Capstone as a business analyst from his public equities role at Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement System.
* At RBC in Toronto, former global mining and metals director Ryan Latinovich joined the equity capital markets team at the bank.
* Bryon Friesen started at JC Clark Advisor Ltd. this week as a senior equity trader from WD Latimer Co.
* Also starting this week is J.P. Buyze at UBS in Calgary as a managing director in its energy group. Buyze was previously with Global Hunter Securities LLC.
* Jacqueline Szeto-Meiers is now vice president, investment programs at Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. She was previously a vice president director at Toronto-Dominion Bank and a few years ago was president of Women in Capital Markets.
* Former Credit Suisse Group AG and Bank of Montreal credit salesman Mike Bowen joined Turtle Creek Asset Management as a business development director.
* Craig Webster moved to GMP from the New York sales desk at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.