Sept. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Sands China Ltd. said Chief Operating Officer David Sisk, a veteran of the Las Vegas casino industry, quit after three years at the Macau gambling resort operator controlled by billionaire Sheldon Adelson.
Sisk “has resigned and is no longer with the company,” the Las Vegas Sands Corp. unit said in an e-mailed statement yesterday, without providing a reason for his departure.
Sands China has more than doubled revenue over the last four years, while losing some top executives. Former Chief Executive Officer Steven Jacobs sued Sands in 2010, claiming wrongful termination, after he was fired.
The former COO “wasn’t a board-level executive,” Philip Tulk, a Hong Kong-based analyst at Standard Chartered said by phone. “There are quite a lot of well-qualified people in the company who may be able to replace him.”
Sisk joined Sands in 2010 as chief casino officer and in his most recent role was second to Chief Executive Officer Edward Tracy. Before coming to Sands China, he had held senior roles at Las Vegas casinos including Wynn Resorts Ltd.
Sands China does not comment on personnel movements, it said in the statement. Spokeswoman Mabel Wu declined to say why Sisk had left.
Former CEO Jacobs claimed he had been directed to secretly investigate Macau government officials, while Sands denied the allegations.
Sands has said it plans to invest another $2.8 billion in the former Portuguese colony to build its fifth resort, to be named Parisian, to attract middle-class gamblers from China.
Sands China has added more hotel rooms and family-style entertainment to draw the Chinese tourists who have helped turn Macau into the world’s largest gambling hub with $38 billion in revenue last year.
To contact the reporter on this story: Vinicy Chan in Hong Kong at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Stephanie Wong at email@example.com