July 30 (Bloomberg) -- Ready for Hillary, a super political action committee preparing for a potential second White House run by the former U.S. secretary of state, will report raising more than $1 million since forming in January.
The organization is expected to file its first disclosure report with the Federal Election Commission tomorrow. It has said it capped donations at $25,000 per person in an effort to give the campaign more grass-roots credibility.
Hillary Clinton, 65, has said she has no plans for a second presidential run. She also hasn’t ruled out a 2016 bid, following her failed effort in 2008. Her actions will be closely watched by the political community in the months ahead for any sign of approaching a decision.
The independent fundraising tally, confirmed by a person familiar with the organization not authorized to discuss it publicly, was reported earlier by the New York Times.
The report will show the group raised $1.25 million, including $1 million in the month of June alone, the person said, adding that the money came from more than 9,300 donors and three-quarters of the donations were for $25 or less.
A survey of U.S. voters by Hamden, Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University released earlier this month showed Clinton leading in matchups against hypothetical Republican presidential opponents.
The poll showed Clinton ahead of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, 46 percent to 40 percent, and U.S. Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky, 50 percent to 38 percent. The survey of 2,014 registered voters was conducted June 28-July 8 with a margin of error of plus or minus 2.2 percentage points.
For now, Clinton has said she plans to focus on early childhood development, opportunities for girls and women, and economic development and jobs. She’s also in the middle of a lucrative public speaking schedule and writing a book.
To contact the reporter on this story: John McCormick in Chicago at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Jeanne Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org