Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

Liverpool Give Arsenal Deadline for Suarez Deal: Soccer Roundup

The following is a roundup of soccer stories from U.K. newspapers, with clickable Internet links.

One Week

Liverpool has given Arsenal one week to meet its 50 million-pound ($77 million) valuation of striker Luis Suarez, the Daily Express said.

Liverpool rejected Arsenal’s 40,000,001-pound offer earlier this week. The Gunners are reluctant to go to 50 million pounds and hope Suarez puts in a transfer request to force the issue, the Express said.

Quitting Barca

Cesc Fabregas has told friends in England he wants to leave Barcelona for Manchester United, the Daily Mail said.

Barcelona has already turned down a 30 million-pound bid for the midfielder, the Mail said. Fabregas is attracted by the prospect of playing regularly at United and also wants to re-unite with former Arsenal teammate Robin van Persie, the Mail said

No Sale

United will not sell Wayne Rooney, even if it signs Fabregas or another forward, the Guardian said.

United insists the England striker is not for sale, even though he is intent on leaving, the Guardian said.

Waiting Game

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is willing to wait until after the Premier League season starts to sign Rooney, the Express said.

Mourinho has not followed up on a 20 million-pound bid for Rooney that was rejected last week, the Express said. United won’t let Rooney leave until its game against Chelsea on Aug. 26, a week before the close of the transfer window, the newspaper said.

Lambert Talks

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce will try again to sign Southampton striker Rickie Lambert after having an offer turned down in January, the Daily Star said.

Lambert was the top scoring Englishman in the Premier League last season with 15 goals and is under contract until 2016 after agreeing to an extension in March, the Star said.

Please upgrade your Browser

Your browser is out-of-date. Please download one of these excellent browsers:

Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer.