June 28 (Bloomberg) -- Standard Chartered Bank appointed Don Robertson chief executive officer of its Canadian operations, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Grafton Asset Management formed a structured products team for oil and gas joint ventures led by Craig Hiddleston, Thomas Schenk and Scott Hurd, all three joining from Macquarie Energy Capital and will be based in Calgary.
* Brookfield Asset Management Inc. hired Tara Speers as a senior associate in private funds from Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd.
* Desjardins Securities added Mark Lucey as head of research from Canaccord Genuity, where he was co-head of Canadian research.
* Relay Ventures appointed Geoff Beattie as chairman. He’s former CEO of the Woodbridge Co. and former chairman of news and information provider Thomson Reuters Corp.
* Rob Knowles joined Integral Capital Markets in Calgary as an energy research analyst from MGI Securities.
* Beacon Securities Ltd. added Lisa Abraham as director of equity trading from Acuity Investment Management where she was head of trading.
* The Public Sector Pension Investment Board in Montreal added Genevieve Maltais-Boisvert as manager of infrastructure investments. Maltais-Boisvert was most recently with QGC, the Australian unit of BG Group Plc.
* Greg Kitscha joined Infrastructure Ontario as project manager in the transit and civil infrastructure group, from Forum Equity Partners where he was a senior associate.
To contact the reporter on this story: Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scanlan at firstname.lastname@example.org