Futures for May delivery down 0.3% to $3.5555/lb at 10:21 a.m.
- Prices down as much as 0.6% today, and up as much as 1%
- Stockpiles tracked by the London Metal Exchange rose for a fifth month
- Inventories tracked by Shanghai Futures Exchange up 49% since the end of June
- NOTE: U.S. 4Q GDP revised to up 0.1% vs est. up 0.5%, Commerce Department report showed
- NOTE: The MNI Chicago Report business barometer showed business activity in the U.S. unexpectedly accelerated in Feb
- “The market is getting mixed messages right now,” Harry Denny, a broker at Hoboken, New Jersey-based PVM Futures Inc., said in a telephone interview. “Chinese stockpiles are up, so they don’t need to buy right now, and the market tapered off after the U.S. GDP report.”
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE