Bloomberg the Company

Bloomberg Anywhere Login

Bloomberg

Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.

Company

Financial Products

Enterprise Products

Media

Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000

Follow Us

Industry Products

Mexico May Get Spot Peru LNG as Ship Arrives at Manzanillo

Don't Miss Out —
Follow us on:

Feb. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Mexico may receive a spot cargo of liquefied natural gas from Peru today, according to ship-tracking data.

The Ribera Del Duero Knutsen, with a capacity of 173,400 cubic meters, is scheduled to arrive at Manzanillo LNG terminal on Mexico’s west coast, according to ship transmissions captured by IHS Inc. on Bloomberg. The tanker sailed from Peru LNG’s terminal at Pampa Melchorita, where it loaded its cargo and departed Feb. 15.

Officials from Hunt Oil, the majority shareholder and operator of the South American LNG producer, and Peru LNG didn’t respond to an e-mailed request seeking comment outside office hours.

Manzanillo, with a capacity of 3.8 million tons a year, started operations in May 2012. Korea Gas Corp., the world’s biggest LNG buyer, owns 25 percent of the terminal and Mitsui & Co. and Samsung C&T split the remaining 75 percent, according to a statement from the South Korean builder’s website.

Mitsui Trading and Samsung C&T officials did not respond to e-mails seeking comment.

Mexico doesn’t have any term LNG supply contracts with Peru, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

To contact the reporter on this story: Chou Hui Hong in Singapore at chong43@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Alexander Kwiatkowski at akwiatkowsk2@bloomberg.net

Please upgrade your Browser

Your browser is out-of-date. Please download one of these excellent browsers:

Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer.