Co. will open offices within 18-20 mos, Managing Partner Nicholas Bloy tells reporters.
- Navis has seven offices in Asia
- Private-equity inflows into Southeast Asia will increase, with industrywide internal rate of return between 15%-25% over the next 5 yrs
- Cos with scale advantage will benefit from creation of Asean Economic Community
- Malaysia most vulnerable country in certain sectors, due to relatively small population, higher proportion of “sub-scale and domestically oriented manufacturing companies”
- Thailand, Indonesia have clear scale advantage
- NOTE: Southeast Asian nations plan to form an Asean Economic Community by the end of 2015, where members will eliminate trade barriers for goods and services
- NOTE: Navis was founded in 1998 and manages >$3b