Co. plans to challenge Lithuanian Court of Appeal ruling on refusal to recognize July decision by Stockholm arbitration court, Gazprom says in statement.
- Co. says Lithuania violating foreign investor rights, questions country’s willingness to fulfill international obligations
- NOTE: See Dec. 17 story: Lithuanian court refused to recognize Stockholm court decision that shareholders’ agreement precluded govt from suing Gazprom in national courts
- NOTE: Court of Appeal said its decision could be appealed to Lithuania’s Supreme Court within 30 days
- NOTE: Lithuania has sought help of courts to force gas utility Lietuvos Dujos to negotiate a better price for natural gas from Russia, country’s only source of the fuel
- NOTE: Gazprom, EON control Lietuvos Dujos; Lithuania’s Energy Ministry owns 18%
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE