Decision to sell stakes in STX Pan Ocean should be positive for shrs that have traded at “massive discount” on industry sluggishness, group-related risk, write analysts Eunkyung Park and SY Yoon in note dated yday.
- Downside for minority STXPO holders “very limited” as:
- Creditor banks are strongly urging restructuring
- Group is determined to enhance financial soundness by maximizing value of STXPO
- Bulk-carrier industry recovery should pick up pace in 2013
- Deal will cause shares to rerate
- Maintains buy rating, PT 5,400 won
- See potential to raise PT if stake sales proceed smoothly, industry enters recovery phase swiftly
- NOTE: 11 buys, 9 holds, 5 sells; avg PT 4,857 won (upside 30%): Bloomberg data
- NOTE: STX Group in talks about selling controlling stake in STXPO as it tries to raise 2.5t from asset sales to pare debts
- STX also said it’s in the final stage of talks to sell its 51% stake in STX OSV Holdings Ltd.; Fincantieri is among final bidders, people with knowledge of the matter said in April.
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE