May 17 (Bloomberg) -- Croatia’s government canceled a 2 billion kuna ($336 million) bridge project, started in 2007, because of a lack of funds, Transportation Minister Sinisa Hajdas Doncic told Cabinet today.
The bridge was supposed to connect the southern most resort of Dubrovnik with the rest of the country via the Peljesac peninsula, without having to cross the border with Bosnia-Herzegovina.
The companies involved in the project, such as Konstruktor-Inzenjering d.d., Viadukt d.d. and Hidroelektra Niskogradnja d.d., will be refunded for costs incurred so far, Hajdas Doncic said.
To contact the reporter on this story: Jasmina Kuzmanovic in Zagreb at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: James M. Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org