1. Dallas-based Energy Transfer Partners, owner of about 23,500 miles of natural gas pipelines, is buying Sunoco for $5.3 billion to gain oil terminals and transportation assets.
2. Massachusetts medical device maker Hologic will acquire California’s GenProbe for about $3.7 billion to add blood screening products and tests for sexually transmitted diseases.
3. Temasek Holdings is selling a total of about $2.4 billion of shares in Bank of China and China Construction Bank in Hong Kong, according to term sheets obtained by Bloomberg News.
4. Wolverine Worldwide, Golden Gate Capital, and Blum Capital Partners are buying Collective Brands in a transaction valued at about $2 billion, and splitting up Collective’s businesses, which include Saucony and Keds.
5. Terra Firma Capital Partners is buying U.K. nursing-home operator Four Seasons Health Care for $1.3 billion.
6. Private equity firm Centerbridge Partners will pay about $1.1 billion for P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, the biggest full-service Asian restaurant operator in the U.S.
7. Arizona-based semiconductor maker Microchip Technology is buying rival Standard Microsystems for about $939 million.
8. Ascena Retail Group, owner of Dressbarn, Maurices, and Justice clothing stores, will acquire Charming Shoppes for $890 million, gaining the Lane Bryant chain that specializes in women’s plus-size apparel.
9. Delta Air Lines is buying a refinery near Philadelphia from ConocoPhillips for $150 million. The carrier hopes to save $300 million on its annual fuel bill.
10. A blue flannel New York Yankees baseball cap worn by Babe Ruth in the 1930s is on the block. It is worth $400,000, according to SCP Auctions, which is handling the sale.