Spain’s Diaz Says Protesters Won’t Be Allowed to Camp in Madrid

Spanish demonstrators protesting against the government’s action won’t be allowed to camp out on Madrid’s Puerta del Sol square, Interior Minister Jorge Fernandez Diaz said.

“There won’t be any camps set up because it is illegal,” Diaz said in comments recorded by Cuatro Television and posted on its website today.

Last year, Spaniards protesting against youth unemployment, bank bailouts and corruption pitched tents in the square on May 15 and used Twitter Inc. to rally tens of thousands of people to join them for demonstrations during a month-long sit-in.

Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE