April 18 (Bloomberg) -- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG and RTL Group SA are likely to fail in their bid to create a joint online platform, Deutsche-Presse Agentur said, citing comments by Juergen Kuehnen, presiding judge of a Dusseldorf court.
The judge agreed with last year’s decision by Germany’s antitrust authority that such a platform would “strengthen the duopoly” already in place among the two broadcasters, DPA reported. The ruling is scheduled for June 20, the newswire said.
Julian Geist, a ProSiebenSat.1 spokesman, declined to comment, when contacted by Bloomberg News. A spokesman for RTL couldn’t immediately be reached by phone.
To contact the reporter on this story: Cornelius Rahn in Frankfurt at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Kenneth Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org