March 26 (Bloomberg) -- Qatar plans to award three tenders this year for the construction of the country’s new 27 billion Qatari riyal ($7.4 billion) port, the state-run Qatar News Agency said, citing Nabil Mohammed Buainain, executive director of the New Port Project.
A total of 8.5 billion riyals have been spent so far on 15 separate projects, the news agency said, citing Buainain. About 17 contracts will be issued in the coming years before the port is completed in 2016, QNA said.
To contact the reporter on this story: Robert Tuttle in Doha at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Lars Paulsson at email@example.com