Feb. 28 (Bloomberg) -- The New York Jets have given linebacker Bart Scott permission to seek a trade with three years remaining on his six-year, $48 million contract, the New York Daily News reported, without saying where it got the information.
Scott, 31, was frustrated with his decreased playing time last season, the Daily News said. He was fined $10,000 by the National Football League for making an obscene gesture to a member of the media the day after the Jets’ season-ending loss in Miami that kept them out of the postseason.
The Jets signed Scott as a free agent in 2009, reuniting him with coach Rex Ryan, who had been his defensive coordinator in Baltimore. Scott restructured his contract before the 2011 season, taking a pay cut in return for a 2012 base salary of $4.2 million that’s fully guaranteed, the Daily News said.
To contact the reporter on this story: Erik Matuszewski in New York at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Michael Sillup at firstname.lastname@example.org