Tevez Won’t Contest Manchester City Misconduct Charge, BBC Says

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez will not contest the club’s ruling that he was guilty of misconduct during a Champions League match, the British Broadcasting Corp. reported.

Tevez, who had until today to appeal, wants a move away from the club in the January transfer window, the BBC said, without saying where it got the information.

Premier League leader City on Oct. 25 fined Tevez four weeks wages, later reduced to two, after a disciplinary panel ruled that he had committed five breaches of contract during its defeat at Bayern Munich on Sept. 27.

Tevez, 27, was accused by City manager Roberto Mancini of refusing to enter the field as a substitute during the second half of the 2-0 loss. Tevez denied the allegation, saying there had been a misunderstanding and that he had refused to warm up.

Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE