Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

Sub-Saharan African Equities: AccessKenya Group, Wema Bank Move

Mauritius’s SEMDEX Index declined for the seventh time in eight days, retreating 0.3 percent to 1,907.49 by the 1:30 p.m. close in Port Louis.

Kenya’s All-Share Index snapped two days of gains, dropping less than 0.1 percent to 78.03 by the 3 p.m. close in Nairobi. The Nigerian Stock Exchange All-Share Index slipped 0.1 percent to 24,420.34 by 2:32 p.m. in Lagos, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Namibia’s FTSE/Namibia Overall Index increased 0.1 percent to 844.29 by 4:28 p.m. in Windhoek. The Ghana Stock Exchange All-Share Index fell for the first day in three, losing 0.2 percent to 7,270.23 by the 1 p.m. close in Accra.

The following shares rose or fell in sub-Saharan Africa, excluding South Africa. Stock symbols are in parentheses.

AccessKenya Group Ltd. (ACCESS KN), the country’s only publicly traded Internet company, fell 45 cents, or 3.3 percent, to 13.1 shillings, the lowest since June 2007. The stock retreated for a second day after the company said it expects profit to fall by at least 25 percent from last year because of depreciation and foreign-exchange losses.

Wema Bank Plc (WEMABANK NL), a Nigerian lender, gained 6 kobo, or 4.7 percent, to 1.34 naira. The bank’s special placement offer of 3.1 billion shares was 81 percent subscribed, spokesman Tunde Olofintila said by phone from Lagos today.

Please upgrade your Browser

Your browser is out-of-date. Please download one of these excellent browsers:

Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer.