Check out this FAQ to find out how to get in touch with us, share story ideas, participate in ongoing features, and make the most of the channel's resources.
1. First time on the Small Business channel?
Our mission is to offer you a one-stop problem-solving destination to help you make better decisions related to running your own business, with staff-written service stories, multimedia, and tools. We also discuss news, trends, and ideas in our staff blog, The New Entrepreneur.
To offer your feedback about anything on the channel or suggest a story idea, e-mail Small Business channel editor Nick Leiber.
2. How do I submit a business-related question to Smart Answers columnist Karen E. Klein?
You can e-mail her here. You can read Klein's previous columns here.
3. How do I submit a Viewpoint column for consideration on the Small Business channel?
The goal of the Viewpoint column section is to offer members of the business community a place to share an opinion about a business issue that is relevant to entrepreneurs. It is not a place to promote a product or service.
To submit a Viewpoint column for consideration, first check our archive of previous columns to make sure you're not repeating a column someone has already contributed. Then send your pitch to Small Business channel editor Nick Leiber. Because of the volume of material he receives, he may not respond to each pitch.
4. How do I submit a Today's Tip for consideration on the Small Business channel?
The goal of the Today's Tip section is to offer members of the business community a place to share a practical piece of advice that is directly relevant to entrepreneurs. It is not a place to promote a product or service.
To submit a tip for consideration, first check our archive of previous tips to make sure you're not repeating a tip someone has already contributed. Then send the tip to Small Business channel contributor Michelle Dammon Loyalka. Because of the volume of material she receives, she may not respond to each individual.
5. How do I suggest a company for the ongoing America's Most Promising Startups series?
You can post your suggestion via this form. For a look at our latest profiles, flip through this slide show.
6. How do I sign up to receive the weekly Small Business newsletter?
You can visit this subscription page to register.
7. How do I submit my private company's profile to the CapitalIQ database or update my company's existing profile?
You can visit the CapitalIQ private company page and submit your company's profile information at the top of the page or submit an update in the Toolbox section on the lower right-hand side of the page.