If you want to take a capital loss at the end of the year on stock whose price has dropped in 1992, but you still want to own shares of that stock, you must make your new purchases, or "double up," by Nov. 30. As long as you buy at least 30 days before you sell, your loss is tax deductible.

Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE