Here are today's top reads:
- January was full of big, warm climate anomalies (Atlantic Cities)
- Western wildfire season ‘likely to set a record’ (CNBC)
- Watch 27 years of ‘old’ arctic ice melt away in seconds (Climate Central)
- Democrats defend Kerry’s climate comments (National Journal)
- Gold rush ghost town bodes ill for California power flow (Bloomberg)
- Massachusetts regulators approve a gas-fired power plant with an expiration date (NY Times)
- Exxon CEO joins suit citing fracking concerns (Wall Street Journal)
- Better data helps WisErg solve the food waste problem (GreenBiz)
- State Department review to emphasize effects of climate change on global conflict, diplomacy (Huffington Post)
As a special bonus, we hope you'll enjoy our hot-off-the-press special report on fracking and shale gas, Gas boom: America for Shale.
Visit www.bloomberg.com/sustainability for the latest from Bloomberg News about energy, natural resources and global business.