Bank of Montreal (BMO)’s BMO Capital Markets hired Dan McNamara from Calamos Asset Management to head its U.S. financial institutions group, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:2
* Analyst Sumit Malhotra joined Bank of Nova Scotia to cover financial services from Macquarie Group Ltd.
* Tashi Dorji joined Haywood Securities Inc. to cover oil and gas from Toronto-Dominion Bank.
* Cormark Securities Ltd. hired Meny Grauman as a financial services analyst from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, where he was a senior equity research associate.
* Ben Jekic joined Industrial Alliance Securities as an analyst covering industrial products and special situations. He was previously a consultant at BVB Consulting Inc. and a hardware analyst at Desjardins Securities.
* Romain Marguet joined JC Clark Ltd. as a director of business development. He previously worked for a boutique private equity firm in Geneva.
* Jeffrey Mandell joined Fuller Landau LLP as a managing director in its corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions team. He was previously manager of corporate finance at Cranson Capital Solutions Inc.
To contact the reporter on this story: Doug Alexander in Toronto at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scanlan at email@example.com