Haywood Hires Zakresky; Canaccord Adds Lobb, Dennis, Vlaad Says
Michael Carew joined Haywood Securities Inc. in Vancouver as a mining analyst from BHP Billiton Ltd., according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* Chad Zakresky joined Haywood’s Calgary team as an investment banking associate from GMP Securities LP.
* Canaccord Financial Inc. added Steve Lobb as head of its U.S. fixed-income sales team from Societe Generale SA. It also hired Barry Dennis to lead the U.S. structured products group as senior managing director while Dean Larson and William Ludington have joined as managing directors. All will be based in New York.
* Royal Bank of Canada hired Mayur Nallamala as head of Asian equities for its asset-management group. Nallamala was most recently with JPMorgan Chase & Co.
* David Dean rejoined Cormark Securities Inc. as a health-care director and research analyst from Cantor Fitzgerald LP where he was in institutional sales.
* Salman Partners Inc. hired Scott Proctor as an institutional trader from Global Securities Corp.
* PNC Bank NA added Mark Richter as vice president of origination from Deloitte LLP where he was a vice president and director in their capital advisory group.
* Michael Gort joined the Bank of Montreal as a vice president in its financial institutions group. Gort was previously at UBS AG in the U.K.
* Paulina Arent joined the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board as a senior analyst in public market investments from Bank of Montreal where she was an investment-banking associate.
* Stifel Financial Corp. is shutting down its Canadian operations today.
* In Vancouver, Alex Tong joined Hootsuite Media Inc. as a corporate development manager from Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce where he was a leveraged finance associate.
* Recent Ivey MBA Graduate Max Rosenfeld was hired by Crestpoint Real Estate Investments Ltd. as an acquisitions and assets manager.
To contact the reporter on this story: Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scanlan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomberg reserves the right to edit or remove comments but is under no obligation to do so, or to explain individual moderation decisions.