Canaccord Hires Richards, Merrill Lynch Adds King, Vlaad Says
Canaccord Genuity, the capital markets unit of Canaccord Financial Inc., hired Geoffrey Richards as managing director and head of U.S. special situations and restructuring in New York from William Blair & Co., according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* RBC Capital Markets in New York added Jonathan Tretler from Deutsche Bank, as investment banking managing director with the consumer retail group focusing on food and beverages. Noel Brown, from Piper Jaffray, joined RBC as health-care managing director in investment banking.
* Bank of America Merrill Lynch hired Gabriella King as managing director, global corporate banking from HSBC, where she was head of Canadian financial institutions.
* Tom Liston, former director of Canadian research and technology research analyst at Cantor Fitzgerald, joined Difference Capital Financial Inc. as managing partner.
* Clarke Markle joined Vantage Asset Management as the director of operations having just completed his MBA.
* Another MBA grad, Alex Watt, is at Byron Capital Markets as a research associate.
* Borealis Infrastructure hired Simon Forsyth as an associate from Capstone Infrastructure Corp. (CSE)
* DNA Capital in Montreal added In Sunwoo as an associate. Sunwoo was previously at BMO Capital Markets as an investment and corporate banking analyst.
* BMO Capital Markets hired Daniel Cerulli as an analyst from Roynat Capital, where he was a private equity analyst.
To contact the reporter on this story: Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scanlan at firstname.lastname@example.org