Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC) added Stephen Shapiro as a managing director from BMO Capital Markets, where he was managing director and head of the agriculture and fertilizer group, according to Vlaad & Co., a Toronto-based financial-services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* BMO promoted Jim Fitzgerald to vice chairman focusing on U.S.- based fixed-income sales and to help expand the U.S. platform.
* Brad Rothbaum was named managing director and head of U.S. trading products business oversight at BMO. Rothbaum continues as chief operating officer and general manager of the BMO New York Branch.
* In the U.K., RBC Capital Markets hired Darrell Uden as head of European equity capital markets from UBS AG.
* In Calgary, Desjardins Securities brought on Justin Bouchard and Kristopher Zack as co-heads of energy research from Raymond James.
* Rajbir Gill moved to Kinross Gold Corp. (K) as a corporate development manager from Cormark Securities Inc. where he was a research associate, base metals and bulk commodities.
To contact the reporter on this story: Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scanlan at email@example.com