Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, the country’s fifth-largest bank, named Tom Woods vice chairman and promoted Laura Dottori-Attanasio to chief risk officer to replace Woods, according to Vlaad and Co., a Toronto-based financial services recruiting firm.
Other moves noted in the “Bill’s Buzz” weekly newsletter include:
* CIBC named Richard Nesbitt chief operating officer, from his previous role as senior executive vice president and group head of wholesale, international, and technology and operations.
* Gary Brown at CIBC was named managing director and global head of corporate credit products from his previous role as managing director and head, U.S. Region, wholesale banking.
* Gavin McOuat joined Raymond James Ltd. as managing director and co-head of investment banking for metals and mining. McOuat moved from Barclays Plc where he was global co-head of metals and mining.
* Byron Capital Markets Ltd. hired Ross Davidson as vice president, institutional sales and trading. Davidson was with Raymond James as an institutional equity trader.
* David V. Hedley III and Ben Gibson joined Canaccord Financial Inc.’s Genuity unit in San Francisco as managing directors in technology investment banking. Hedley was previously at UBS AG and Gibson was with Canaccord in Montreal.
* BMO Capital Markets brought on Troy MacLean as a research analyst covering real estate and REIT stocks from CIBC.
* Alignvest Capital Management hired Jeffrey Gallant as an analyst on North American equity long short mandates from his previous position at Gluskin Sheff & Associates Inc.
* Return on Innovation Capital Ltd. hired Richard McConnell as vice-president, investment services from CIBC Asset Management Inc. where he led international and global equity manager research.
To contact the reporter on this story: Katia Dmitrieva in Toronto at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: David Scanlan at email@example.com