Iceland Plans to Install Two Wind Turbines, Vidskiptabladid Says

Landsvirkjun hf, Iceland’s national power company, has asked the government for permission to install two wind turbines in the south of the island, Vidskiptabladid reported, citing Oli Sveinsson, an executive with the Reykjavik-based company.

About 74 percent of Iceland electricity is generated by hydro power plants, and the remaining 26 percent by geothermal plants, according to Iceland’s National Energy Authority.

To contact the reporter on this story: Omar Valdimarsson in Reykjavik at

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Christian Wienberg at

Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.

Bloomberg reserves the right to remove comments but is under no obligation to do so, or to explain individual moderation decisions.

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.