JPMorgan, Wells Fargo and MetLife Fund U.S. Wind Farm

(Corrects to remove reference to GE as investor in headline and second paragraph of story published June 6.)

JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), the largest U.S. bank, led a group of investors that agreed to provide $220 million in tax-equity financing for an Oklahoma wind farm.

JPMorgan, Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC), and Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. will provide the funds in the fourth quarter, Enel SpA (ENEL), the project developer, said today in a statement.

The 235-megawatt Chisholm View wind farm is expected to begin producing power by the end of the year. It will use 140 General Electric Co. (GE) wind turbines and sell its output to Southern Co.’s Alabama Power utility for 20 years.

The deal lets the investors receive a share of the tax benefits associated with Chisholm View, according to the statement. That includes the production tax credit, which provides 2.2 cents a kilowatt-hour for power produced by wind.

The tax credit is scheduled to expire Dec. 31, though projects that enter operation before then will remain eligible.

A GE unit agreed April 2 to purchase a 51 percent stake in the project. Rome-based Enel will own the remaining 49 percent.

To contact the reporter on this story: Andrew Herndon in San Francisco at aherndon2@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Reed Landberg at landberg@bloomberg.net

Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.

Bloomberg reserves the right to remove comments but is under no obligation to do so, or to explain individual moderation decisions.

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.