First Forties Crude Cargo for April Said to Be Dropped

A cargo of North Sea Forties crude for loading in April was dropped, according to three people with knowledge of the export program.

The shipment with parcel number F0406 was removed from the program, said the people, who declined to be identified because the information is confidential. This brings total shipments for next month to 23. Each consignment is for 600,000 barrels.

Total SA (FP), the owner of the cargo, halted its Elgin-Franklin fields following a gas leak on March 25.

The F0410 cargo was delayed to April 14 to April 16, one day later than planned, the people said. So far a total of six shipments for loading next month have been deferred by one to nine days.

Loading programs are monthly schedules of crude shipments compiled by field operators to allow buyers and sellers to plan their supply and trading activities.

To contact the reporter on this story: Sherry Su in London at lsu23@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Stephen Voss at sev@bloomberg.net

Press spacebar to pause and continue. Press esc to stop.

Bloomberg reserves the right to remove comments but is under no obligation to do so, or to explain individual moderation decisions.

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.