Labradoodle vs. Mutt: The Real Cost of Owning a Dog
- Putting a Price Tag on Your Pet
- First there's the basic gear you need.
- Then there's the sleeping arrangement.
- As any parent knows, children - and dogs - need rules.
- Stuff happens, and a dog's business can only be put on hold for so long.
- The downturn in housing may not have hit the pet world yet.
- Pet food options range from the basic to what a dog hopefully tastes as the sublime, given the expense.
- Pet health care is expensive.
- Looking good can get expensive.
- How can buying a toy for a pet possibly be wrong? As for accessories, pet tutus do seem a little humiliating.
- If you've got it, flaunt it.
- Dog communities emerge wherever you live. And some people just like to celebrate their dogs. A lot.
- If your pet's traveling with you, you need the basics.
- Doggie day care costs in New York City can be the price of a nice house in much of the rest of the country.
- Getting older is expensive for dogs and humans.
- When that very sad day comes, there are some final costs.
- The Lifetime Tally
- Next Money Gallery: The Best and Worst Investments of 2013 Next Money Gallery »
Popular In Money Galleries
Bloomberg reserves the right to edit or remove comments but is under no obligation to do so, or to explain individual moderation decisions.