Compliance & eDiscovery
AS DATA GROWS
CONTROL YOUR INFORMATION
Regulatory and legal requirements continue to evolve, and the amount of data that regulated firms must collect and manage is growing at a staggering rate. These trends complicate compliance and ediscovery responses — and non-compliance is not a viable option.
The webinar below features leading experts from both Gartner and Bloomberg Vault, and discusses the evolving world of information governance.
Bloomberg Vault (BVault) is an end-to-end, managed archiving and eDiscovery platform specifically designed to handle high volumes of data. It gives financial firms a reliable and cost-effective way to meet stringent legal and regulatory demands. In fact, Bloomberg Vault is compliant with SEC and FINRA guidelines, so Bloomberg can issue attestation letters to regulators for your firm.
As a managed service, Bloomberg Vault eliminates the need to maintain dedicated data centers for archiving. Firms can spend dramatically less on storage, hardware, data center management and software licensing. And instead of assembling untested configurations from multiple vendors, firms can quickly deploy a proven platform that is comprehensive, secure and easy to use.
- Ingest enterprise content including corporate e-mail, IM, mobile, recorded voice data, Bloomberg messaging, and social media data from LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Salesforce Chatter
- Simplify compliance review workflows and accelerate eDiscovery processes
- Streamline complex legal and regulatory investigations
- Reduce operational overhead and capital costs
- Find specific data quickly with powerful search and analytics tools
When regulators issue trade reconstruction requests in line with the Dodd-Frank Act (DFA), firms have just 72 hours to comply. Bloomberg Vault gives firms a fast and reliable way to ensure quick retrieval and export of trade details correlated with relevant pre- and post-trade communications.
- Fast: Fully 95% of queries return in less than five minutes
- Connected: Data tagged by counterparty and mapped to unique swap identifier (USI)
- Complete: Consolidated secure archive for all communications and files — including voice
- Accessible: Archive is searchable by counterparty with support for custom data sources
- Efficient: Reduces capital and operating costs while improving turnaround time
- Secure: Helps improve disaster recovery
Global firms often have country-specific requirements that govern where archived data can be stored. To ensure compliance with these regulations, Bloomberg offers Local Vault.
- Archive data in-country, including search indices
- Deliver data via in-country SFTP
- Maintain integrity with stand-alone integrated systems in each location
- Distribute search requests through Bloomberg’s private network
- Identify search requests via Local Vault and deliver exported data in-country
Multi-factor biometric security ensures the integrity and confidentiality of information stored in Bloomberg Vault. Data is archived with multiple layers of redundancy in a highly secure environment, and multiple data centers run hot-hot for guaranteed disaster recovery. All access is authenticated with the B-Unit, a three-factor biometric authentication tool that ensures security and builds an audit trail of which individuals access which archived data.
TRUST THE BLOOMBERG NETWORK
Bloomberg Vault is backed by the reliability and scalability of one of the world’s largest private networks. Built with our deep domain expertise in electronic messaging, the Bloomberg network encompasses more than 220 million daily messages and 65 billion archived messages. The system is designed around disaster recovery, high availability and robust security protocols.