REFERENCE DATA SERVICES
WITH FLAWLESS DATA
REFERENCE DATA SERVICES
Powered by one of the largest and most accurate databases in the world, Bloomberg Reference Data Services give firms access to terms and conditions and premium reference data for more than six million financial instruments across all asset classes. Expect data with unparalleled quality, consistency and integrity, delivered quickly to the desktop and across the enterprise.
- Consume data consistently across the firm: front, middle and back
- Feed accounting, portfolio management and compliance systems from the same source
- Link terms and conditions to premium data automatically through connective open symbology
- Facilitate straight-through processing among Bloomberg subscribers and non-subscribers
- Acquire bulk or per-security data with maximum granularity and more than 15,000 fields
- Choose from a range of delivery methods: web services, FTP, XML, csv and more
ACQUIRE GRANULAR DATA WITH SUPERIOR QUALITY, CONSISTENCY AND INTEGRITY
Security Master data from Bloomberg is an industry-leading source of the detailed terms and conditions firms need for security identification, creation, trading and settlement. Security Master offers the most extensive asset servicing set available, with 6,000 data elements — including descriptive data, security IDs, industry sectors, ratings and fundamentals — and more than 4,000 individual fields. Most important, users can proceed with confidence, knowing that Security Master data is consistent, normalized, verified and error-free.
PREMIUM REFERENCE DATA
Premium data sets provide more sophisticated ways to gain intriguing insights, create a more detailed picture of your firm’s position and exposures, and bring new strategies to life.
- Counterparty Credit Risk: Help risk and compliance managers draw clear connections between entities and securities, identify ultimate obligors, and manage credit exposure and capital risk at the enterprise level with ease and accuracy. Use this data to make informed decisions faster, meet regulatory obligations, and manage both counterparty and credit risk more confidently.
- Dividend Forecast: Power quantitative models and databases using seven key factors that incorporate all the pertinent information about a company and its dividend. With this data, quant groups, equity options traders and index groups can make better decisions about dividend levels and direction for the next three years. Our analysts forecast dividends for nearly 7,000 global securities, including equities, American depositary receipts (ADRs) and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- Earnings Estimates: Build trade ideas, create strategic models and evaluate risk and return with earnings estimates data — all sourced by Bloomberg, so there are no third-party licenses or fees. Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) versus adjusted-consensus estimates are differentiated for earnings per share (EPS) and net income measures, allowing more consistent comparisons and accurate screening.
- Macroeconomic Data Sets: Analyze the impact of global economic events with comprehensive data on economic growth, productivity, trade, governance and policy in hundreds of regions.
- Corporate Actions: Equity traders, custodians, settlement officers, accountants and insurance companies can use this data to track every action a company takes, from ticker changes to capital changes, acquisitions, stock splits and more — all for more than 600,000 companies in more than 117 countries. Up to 20 years of history are available, and 35 years for dividends.
Together, Security Master and Premium Reference data help firms achieve an unprecedented level of connectivity. These data sets take advantage of common identifiers to automatically establish linkages through complex chains of companies, parents, securities, issuers and more. Bloomberg has invested significant resources to build the data management infrastructure necessary to make these connections available. As regulatory compliance, risk management and investment strategies evolve, users across the enterprise can rest assured they are seeing a complete picture of the firm’s situation — without additional licensing fees or mapping systems.
Bloomberg’s Open Symbology (BSYM) is an open system for identifying securities across all global asset classes. Combined with Bloomberg’s new security identifier (BBGID), firms are able to abandon proprietary codes, eliminate redundant mapping processes, streamline the trade workflow and reduce operational risk.
Bloomberg is committed to continuously building, updating, and administering its identifiers to ensure they continue to serve as effective symbols for the broad uses required in today’s financial markets.