MAKE YOUR MOVE
WHEN NEWS BREAKS
These structured, low-latency feeds are specifically designed for black box applications. They deliver instantaneous machine-readable news and data, including breaking headlines, exclusive global coverage, structured financial data, news analytics and global economic data.
- 151 global bureaus generating 6,000 stories a day
- Exclusive content previously available only to Bloomberg Professional® service subscribers
- Tags cover 60,000 securities, 3,500 topics and 1.2 million people, more than any other provider
- Relevancy scores indicate how strongly tags correlate with story content
ACT ON NEWS BEFORE THE FOUR-SECOND WINDOW CLOSES
Specific offerings within Event-Driven Feeds include:
- Headlines and stories
- Topic tags and relevancy scores
- News analytics: readership, publication, sentiment, hot level
- Structured news from corporate releases organized into field-value pairs
- Historical archive dating back to October 2007 for back-testing
- ECO stats: lockup and contributed economic statistics
- Select third-party feeds
Firms can use Event-Driven Feeds to seize new opportunities for profit, risk management and anticipating market momentum:
- Event-driven prop traders can automatically execute trades on exclusive mergers and acquisition stories, seconds ahead of the broader market
- Equity and equity options market-makers can preemptively adjust spreads on earnings released early through company websites
- Quantitative traders can improve trading signals by tracking which securities the global Bloomberg Professional community is researching and by modeling trader behavior.
Stories in Event-Driven Feeds come directly from Bloomberg News, a trusted source for reliable, comprehensive financial reporting around the world. With several thousand editorial staff in bureaus that cover the globe, Bloomberg provides news that matters, when it matters. In fact, Bloomberg News averages 200 exclusive stories and 12 market-moving stories every day.