Conference Features Leading Bankers, Policy Makers, Economists, Money Managers and Corporate Executives
New York, August 21 – Obama economic adviser Jason Furman, investment management legend Jack Bogle, Newton Capital Management CEO Helena Morrissey, New York Federal Reserve President William Dudley, Carlyle Group co-founder William Conway, and maverick bank regulator Benjamin Lawsky are among the speakers who will offer their insights and ideas on global markets and finance at the fourth annual Bloomberg Markets Most Influential Summit in New York City on September 22nd at the Museum of Jewish Heritage.
This fast-paced one-day conference marks the publication of Bloomberg Markets magazine’s list of the 50 Most Influential – the bankers, money managers, policy makers, executives and thinkers who matter most in global finance. The Summit will be packed with key people from the ranking, which will be unveiled in the magazine’s October issue.
The Summit gathers the most influential decision makers and thought leaders for provocative conversations about global finance and economics, examining the forces that are moving markets today — and might move them a different direction tomorrow.
• Chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisors Jason Furman, will discuss the post-recession U.S. economy.
• Carlyle Group co-founder William Conway and Tiger Management Advisors Chairman Julian Robertson will look at what’s ahead for alternative investments.
• New York Federal Reserve President and CEO Bill Dudley will do a one-on-one interview with Bloomberg News Editor-in-Chief Matthew Winkler on the impact of reversing QE.
Other speakers include:
• Cliff Asness, Managing & Founding Principal, AQR Capital Management
• Preet Bharara, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, U.S. Department of Justice
• Leon G. Cooperman, Chairman, Omega Advisors
• Terry Duffy, Chairman & President, CME Group
• Robert Hormats, Vice Chairman, Kissinger Associates
• Virginie Maisonneuve, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, PIMCO
• Helena Morrissey, CEO, Newton Capital Management; Chairman, Investment Management Association; Founder, 30% Club
• André Perold, Founder, Managing Partner, and Chief Investment Officer of HighVista Strategies, and Harvard Business School professor.
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: http://www.bloomberglink.com/events/markets-2014/
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (@BBGLINK). The hashtag for this event is #BBMMI.
The Summit is sponsored by Invesco PowerShares, NASDAQ OMX, Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, Prime Ministry Investment Support and Promotion Agency of Turkey, Dragon Capital Group, Deloitte, and Cemig.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bloomberg LINK, the executive conference arm of Bloomberg LP, leverages the resources of a global news and information organization to convene events that break news and generate content in live and digital forums. The LINK portfolio focuses on business, technology, finance and world affairs. Since its creation in 2009, LINK has hosted more than 140 events in 14 countries. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com, on the Bloomberg Professional service at LINK or via Twitter @BBGLink.
About Bloomberg Markets magazine
Bloomberg Markets magazine serves the global financial elite, providing insight and perspective on the companies, trends, issues and people that move the world’s markets. Bloomberg Markets readers are the youngest and most affluent among all financial and business publications. Bloomberg Markets magazine’s rate base is 375,000.