Featuring League Commissioners of NBA, NHL and MLS Team Owners, Media Executives, Investors and More
New York, August 12 — With the billion dollar sale of the Los Angeles Clippers, LeBron James’ return to Cleveland and the most successful World Cup to date, this has been a big year for the business of sports. To examine these events and the future of the business, Bloomberg announced today that it will host its third annual Sports Business Summit in New York on September 4, 2014 at the Altman Building. The one-day conference will feature the commissioners, team owners, players and bankers who drive the business of sports.
“In an increasingly competitive market, the business of sports is continuing to grow,” said Jason Kelly, managing editor and head of Bloomberg LINK. “We’re bringing together experts from all sides of the business from compensating student athletes to U.S. Soccer carrying forward the momentum of the FIFA World Cup to the new class of sports super-agents.”
The summit will feature industry-leading speakers, including National Basketball Association Commissioner Adam Silver, who will discuss some of this year’s biggest deals; Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber, who will look at lessons learned from the most successful World Cup in the tournament’s history; and Avenue Capital CEO and Co-Founder Marc Lasry,who will explore the potential business opportunities with his new team, the Milwaukee Bucks.
Other Speakers include:
- Gary Bettman, Commissioner, National Hockey League
- Valerie B. Ackerman, Commissioner, Big East Conference
- Dominique Foxworth, Former NFL Player; Former President, National Football League Players Association
- Randy Levine, President, New York Yankees; Of Counsel, Jackson Lewis P.C
- Larry Lucchino, President and CEO, Boston Red Sox
- Stephen M. Ross, Chairman, CEO and Founder, Related Companies; Chairman and Managing General Partner, Miami Dolphins and Sun Life Stadium
- Ken Fuchs, Head, Yahoo Sports
- Marc A. Utay, Managing Partner, Clarion Capital Partners, LLC
- Joshua J. Harris, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Apollo Management, LP;Managing Partner, Philadelphia 76ers; Principal Owner, New Jersey Devils
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: http://www.bloomberglink.com/events/sports-2014/#overview
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter (@BBGLINK). The hashtag for this event is #BBGSPORTS.
Tri-State Audi Dealers are the official automotive partner of the Summit. The Summit is also sponsored by Proskauer.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bloomberg LINK, the executive conference arm of Bloomberg LP, leverages the resources of a global news and information organization to convene events that break news and generate content in live and digital forums. The LINK portfolio focuses on business, technology, finance and world affairs. Since its creation in 2009, LINK has hosted more than 140 events in 14 countries. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com, on the Bloomberg Professional service at LINK <GO> or via Twitter @BBGLink.
• Lee Cochran, +1-212-617-0603, email@example.com
• Angela Martin, +1-415-617-7142, firstname.lastname@example.org