For the second year in a row, Bloomberg Tradebook is gearing up to host its annual Charity Day on Thursday, October 17th in New York City, with London joining in for this year’s activities. Building on the success of last year’s inaugural Charity Day, Tradebook will bring together leading charities and their celebrity ambassadors at their global trading floors to help raise money and awareness for various worthy causes.
This year’s theme is “Trade it Forward” as all of the day’s net commissions will be donated to the participating charities.
Participants confirmed in New York are:
- Entertainer and Entrepreneur, Sean “Diddy” Combs for Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- New York Yankees pitcher, CC Sabathia for PitCCh In Foundation
- Actress, Mariska Hargitay for Joyful Heart Foundation
- Former New York Ranger and Hall of Famer, Mark Messier for New York Police and Fire Widow and Children’s Benefit Fund
- Supermodel, Petra Nemcova for Only Make Believe
- Actor, Chris Noth for Labyrinth Theater Company
- Rugby Player, Chris Ashton for The Prince’s Trust
- Footballer, Sol Cam Campbell for Kids Company
- Boxer, David Haye for Place2Be
- TV and Radio Host, Jenni Falconer for The Prince’s Trust
- Actor, Jeremy Irons for The Prince’s Trust
“The Tradebook team is proud to be hosting ‘Trade if Forward’ this year. We are thrilled to expand this effort across the pond to help support the admirable work of an even broader group of organizations. We are also honored to be working with these fine charities to help them raise awareness of and proceeds for their efforts,” said Ray Tierney, CEO and President of Bloomberg Tradebook, who spearheaded the event. “We realize the importance of developing a culture of giving throughout the financial community and look forward to continuing the event in years to come.”
Last year’s Halloween-themed “Trick or Trade” Charity Day commissions were donated to the participating charities and to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts:
To learn more, visit bloombergtradebook.com/charity-day.