Market Specialist - EquityJob Requisition Number: 34409
Sydney - AUS
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company¿s strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg¿s enterprise solutions build on the company¿s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced (Core Equity) professional to join our expanding team of market specialists in Sydney. Applicants should be highly motivated & confident self starters, and possess a deep body of relevant knowledge & market experience in the buyside area that they can leverage in an intensive, fast moving, client driven environment.
- Providing high level analytical expertise to clients both 1:1 and through delivery of seminars
- Collaborating with customers and our product development team to influence the future direction of our product
- Furthering the knowledge of our sales force by providing theoretical and practical insight into the markets through structured training programmes
- Working closely with our terminal sales department and contributing to our Bloomberg terminal sales effort.
- Travelling throughout the region to help maximise our considerable opportunities.
- Providing editorial content on market trends and analysis to be used in Bloomberg publications
- Extensive experience in (Core Equity) arena (including Exotic products) from buyside
- Relevant experience in using Bloomberg
- Fluency in English (any second language an advantage)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Availability for considerable travel as and when required
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels
- Credible market contacts and the ability to leverage them
By clicking the "I Agree" button below you agree to the terms of this Legal Statement.
Click "I Decline" if you do not consent and do not wish to proceed with the application.