Confident employees are the lifeblood for any small business. Here are some tips for ensuring your employees will be up to the challenges that come their way.
1. Ask them to be responsible for progressively larger projects.
2. Use them as examples (in their presence) when telling others how to do something.
3. Give them feedback at various times during a project—not just at its completion.
4. Send a note of praise to them or, better still, to their boss.
5. Ask for their opinions and advice on matters not necessarily related to their normal duties.