Bloomberg Anywhere Login

Bloomberg

Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.

Company

Industry Products

Media Services

Businessweek Archives

Even when it's down, Technorati spouts the truth

? Why journalists don't cover how things work |

Main

| Steven Soderbergh to Use BitTorrent ?

May 04, 2006

Even when it's down, Technorati spouts the truth

Stephen Baker

Technorati appears to be down, and that produced this troubling response to my search there:

"There are no posts that contain truth in blogs about Politics yet. Search all blogs for truth?"

10:24 AM

politics, search

Well, now I see that Technorati's back up, and the link in my post leads to a true search. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. Maybe at some point I'll figure out how to post screen shots a la Steve Rubel...

Posted by: steve baker at May 4, 2006 11:31 AM

Very worrying indeed. :-)

Try sphere, I found a few posts I've missed previously, though they seem to be having some troubles of their own. The dates listed on the sphere site are completely off for some posts.

Posted by: John Cass at May 4, 2006 12:40 PM

I use a great little program called Snag It to grab screen shots and parts of web pages. It's easy for even a technical clunkhead like me. http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp

B.L.

Posted by: B.L. Ochman at May 4, 2006 11:29 PM

This has nothing to do with Technorati, it's just a statement of fact:

There is no truth in Politics. :-)

Posted by: Zoli Erdos at May 5, 2006 03:12 PM

Some people think they are above politics. It pays to understand it. Many people do not. Winston Churchill said politics is more dangerous than war, because in war they can only kill you once. Politics rules the world. Politics is more dangerous than Technorati and it doesn't ever go down.

Posted by: Jim Dermitt at May 5, 2006 09:28 PM

Good morning America. Wake up to the birds, or music, or the news, and take a big whiff. Things are nice, aren't they. Get up and sieze the day. The market is safe.

Oil expenditures, retail sales, shipping, your local corner store. Its the day after Derby day, the day after a really good day.

Go forth and conquer. Go forth and win, like I did, today... with Barbaro, and SweetNorthernSaint. Yet, don't forget to watch yourself.

Good Luck.