Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

Bloomberg Customers

Businessweek Archives

Keeping Up With What's What

? This Week's Podcast with Fred Wilson |


| GE's Blogging R&D Squad ?

March 15, 2006

Keeping Up With What's What

Heather Green

Steve has some advice for my pseudo-existential crises in how you keep up with the flow of new innovations, and separate the wheat from the chaff.

He says the answer is "circulating far outside our comfortable demo- and psychographic online. The easiest thing for us is to tune into sites and books and magazines where we know 70% of what is written, and the other 30% sort of fits into a picture we're familiar with. We need to stretch more."

It's a good ides. But how to do it? Since I wrote the post this week, I have been adding new blogs to my feedreader. But does anyone have recommendations for how to stretch?

11:13 AM

digital media

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Get involved in things which you never considered doing before; perhaps believe you don't enjoy because of some unpleasant experience from your childhood. If you don't program, try it. If you don't design, try it. There's never been a time when you could so easily try some many different things.

Posted by: csven at March 15, 2006 01:09 PM

Actually one place that makes me stretch my brain is 'In Bubble Wrap'. More so with the questions they ask in their daily book offer than in the book topics themselves.

Michael Angeles with 'urlgreyhot', Rachel with and Coudal are other places that help me discover new things.

It all comes down to finding people who have original voices and perspectives.

Reading news and ideas from other countries is also a positive step as we tend to be too US centric.

Taking a walk and talking with real people works too.

Have a good day


Biz Site:


Posted by: Serge Lescouarnec at March 15, 2006 02:40 PM

Subscribe to the fabulous and free FUTUREdition e-newsletter from The Arlington Institute. Why? As they state: "At The Arlington Institute, we believe that to understand the future, you need to have an open mind and cast a very wide net. To that end, FUTUREdition explores a cross-disciplinary palette of issues, from the frontiers of science and technology to major developments in mass media, geopolitics, the environment, and social perspectives." Personally, I would forfeit all of my Bloglines subscriptions and paper sources just to receive this one little gem. It's simply that good and mind-bending... see their archived newsletters at and judge for yourself.

Posted by: augustdiva at March 15, 2006 03:29 PM

slowness. looking for the next big thing from inside the blogosphere is like... well, i don't know what it's like. you have to get off the train to see how fast it goes.

Posted by: schadenfreudisch at March 15, 2006 03:35 PM

blog comments powered by Disqus