HARDCOVER BUSINESS BOOKS
1. FREAKONOMICS By Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner (Morrow -- $25.95) Crack gangs, the Ku Klux Klan, and more.
2. THE WORLD IS FLAT By Thomas L. Friedman (Farrar, Straus & Giroux -- $27.50) Globalization is great -- sort of.
3. BLINK By Malcolm Gladwell (Little, Brown -- $25.95) Why snap judgments deserve careful consideration.
4. JIM CRAMER'S REAL MONEY By James J. Cramer (Simon & Schuster -- $26) The CNBC commentator's trading tips.
5. THE LITTLE BOOK THAT BEATS THE MARKET By Joel Greenblatt (Wiley -- $19.95) A hedge fund manager's "magic formula."
6. COLLAPSE By Jared Diamond (Viking -- $29.95) Why civilizations fall apart.
7. THE LITTLE RED BOOK OF SELLING By Jeffrey Gitomer (Bard Press -- $19.95) A syndicated columnist explains why people buy.
8. THE MONEY BOOK FOR THE YOUNG, FABULOUS & BROKE By Suze Orman (Riverhead -- $24.95) Career plans, credit, etc.
9. THE GOOGLE STORY By David A. Vise, Mark Malseed (Delacorte -- $26) The search engine, from startup to Wall Street phenom.
10. WINNING By Jack Welch with Suzy Welch (HarperBusiness -- $27.95) How to succeed within a company and against the competition.
PAPERBACK BUSINESS BOOKS
1. GETTING THINGS DONE By David Allen (Penguin -- $15) Organizing your office and managing your time.
2. J.K. LASSER'S YOUR INCOME TAX 2006 By The J.K. Lasser Institute (Wiley -- $16.95) Happy New Year!
3. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR PARACHUTE? By Richard Nelson Bolles (Ten Speed Press -- $17.95) The 2006 edition of the enduring job-search bible.
4. GOOD TO GREAT AND THE SOCIAL SECTORS By Jim Collins (Collins -- $11.95) How noncorporate organizations can excel.
5. THE 8TH HABIT By Stephen R. Covey (Free Press -- $15) In the new workplace, leaders must demonstrate trust, respect, and openness.
6. THINK AND GROW RICH By Napoleon Hill (Ballantine -- $7.99) Willpower matters.
7. GUNS, GERMS AND STEEL By Jared Diamond (Norton -- $16.95) Why the West triumphed.
8. CRUCIAL CONVERSATIONS By Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler (McGraw-Hill -- $16.95) Talk that counts.
9. YOU CAN BE A STOCK MARKET GENIUS By Joel Greenblatt (Fireside -- $14) Mergers, restructurings, and more.
10. THE MILLIONAIRE REAL ESTATE AGENT By Gary Keller with Dave Jenks and Jay Papasan (McGraw-Hill -- $19.95) Models that can make a real estate career soar.
BusinessWeek's Best-Seller List is based on a survey of chain and independent booksellers that carry a broad selection of books on economics, management, sales and marketing, small business, investing, personal finance, and careers. Well over 1,000 retail outlets nationwide are represented. Current rankings are based on a weighted analysis of unit sales in December.