Having a strong presence on the Internet is no longer optional for today’s small businesses. Keep in mind the following as you strengthen your position on the World Wide Web:
1. Your product line should deliverable economically and conveniently through the mail or over the Internet.
2. The Web allows you to market to customers outside your geographical location. Your product should appeal to people across the nation or continent.
3. Compare new “technology” costs to current brick-and-mortar costs, such as rent, labor, inventory and printing costs.
4. Realize that the Web levels the playing field — you can look like a big company with a great Web site.
5. Draw visitors to your site cheaply. Establish and expand alliances that will hotlink to your site for free.