Bloomberg Anywhere Remote Login Bloomberg Terminal Demo Request


Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world.


Financial Products

Enterprise Products


Customer Support

  • Americas

    +1 212 318 2000

  • Europe, Middle East, & Africa

    +44 20 7330 7500

  • Asia Pacific

    +65 6212 1000


Industry Products

Media Services

Follow Us

Bloomberg Customers

Businessweek Archives

A Sad Tale Of Two Dodge Vans (Int'l Edition)

International -- Readers Report

A Sad Tale of Two Dodge Vans (int'l edition)

Regarding your article "The merger that can't get in gear," (American News, July 31), BUSINESS WEEK missed a major reason for slumping sales in the minivan market.

Seriously tempted by the $2,000 rebate offer, I made an effort to exchange my old reliable 1986 full-size Dodge van with 180,000 miles, no rust, no transmission problems, and no burning oil for one of the "fifth year" models. I thought that all the important bugs had been ironed out and I could count on many years of another reliable Chrysler product.

Unfortunately, the Net tells all secrets. Through some of the Web sites noted in previous BUSINESS WEEK issues, one can find what consumers really think about their vehicles. It appears that there are many unhappy Caravan owners because of transmission problems. As these types of problems are recurring and expensive, I unhappily walked away from an otherwise good deal.

Quality still counts. DaimlerChrysler should spend some time on this issue.

Marc Wilson

Jamaica Plain, Mass.Return to top

The Lieberman Effect: One Dissenter (int'l edition)

Your article "The Lieberman effect: How big a boost?" (American News, Aug. 21-28) spends a good deal of space on "the Lieberman effect" and predicts that perhaps 90% of the Jewish vote could go to Gore-Lieberman. Please put me down as part of the remaining 10%.

When I see and hear the "new" Democrats, I recall Ezekiel, Chapter 13, Verse 10: "In as much as they have misled my people, saying, `It is well,' when nothing is well, daubing with plaster the flimsy wall which the people were building, say to those daubers of plaster: It shall collapse, a driving rain shall descend, and you, O great hailstones, shall fall, and a hurricane wind shall rend it. Then when the wall collapses, you will be asked, "What became of the plaster you daubed on?"

I'm sure Senator Lieberman knows the verse and its relevance.

Harold B. Reisman

Weston, Conn.Return to top

blog comments powered by Disqus