1. Chile's central bank has earmarked $12 billion for dollar purchases to fight appreciation of the peso.
2. General Electric Capital (GE), GE's finance arm, sold $6 billion worth of bonds, marking the biggest U.S. corporate bond offering in 11 months.
5. Hutchison Whampoa, the company controlled by billionaire Li Ka-shing, paid $734 million for a bundle of Hong Kong assets that includes shares in a container terminal operator and a stake in a building in the city's Kowloon district.
6. Facebook received a $500 million investment from Goldman Sachs (GS) and Digital Sky Technologies in a deal that values the social-networking site at $50 billion.
7. Sara Lee (SLE) is selling its shoe-care business, which includes the Kiwi brand, to SC Johnson for $327.5 million.
8. Liberty Media (LINTA) Chairman John Malone donated $30 million to Johns Hopkins University, his alma mater.
9. Ivory Coast missed a $29 million bond payment due on Dec. 31 amid a fight for political control of the West African nation. The country has until the end of the month to pay up before it will be declared in default.
10. A midcentury modern house in Highland Park, Ill., has been listed for $1.65 million by a Sotheby's (BID) affiliate. A scene from the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off shows the home's glass garage being totaled by a Ferrari.