Markets & Finance
Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
3. Spanish utility Iberdrola is offering $3.4 billion to raise its stake in Brazilian power company Neoenergia from 39 percent to 75 percent, according to a person close to the deal.
4. Houston-based Apache (APA) agreed to buy Cordillera Energy Partners for $2.9 billion. The deal more than doubles Apache’s oil and gas holdings in the Anadarko Basin.
6. Bosch, the world’s biggest auto-parts supplier, will purchase SPX’s (SPW) vehicle servicing business for $1.2 billion.
7. HSBC (HBC) is selling its operations in Costa Rica, El Salvador, and Honduras to Banco Davivienda (PFDAVVND:CB) for $801 million. The London bank is also unloading its consumer unit in Thailand for $115 million.
8. The Detroit Tigers have reportedly signed former Milwaukee Brewers first baseman Prince Fielder to a nine-year, $214 million contract, the fourth $200 million deal in baseball history.
9. A first edition of John James Audubon’s Birds of America fetched $7.9 million at a Christie’s auction, far below the $11.5 million auction record for a first-edition Audubon.
10. A bronze death mask of former Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, plus molds of his hands, sold for $4,300 at a Mullock’s auction in Shropshire, England.