Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
1. Italy’s biggest bank, UniCredit (UCG:IM), will raise $9.8 billion by selling shares at $2.51 each, which it said is a 43 percent discount from the Jan. 3 closing price, excluding the value of rights to additional purchases that come with the shares.
3. China Petrochemical will pay $900 million for a one-third stake in five Devon Energy (DVN) exploratory oil projects in Lousiana, Oklahoma, Michigan, Colorado, and Wyoming.
5. Soho China, the No. 1 developer in Beijing’s central business district, is buying a $632 million stake in a site on Shanghai’s historic Bund that’s partly owned by Greentown China Holdings.
7. Greece’s Hellenic Telecommunications Organization (HTO:GA) is selling a 20 percent stake in the Serb national fixed-line and mobile-service provider back to Telekom Srbija for $492 million.
8. Sierra Nevada Corp. and Brazil-based Embraer (ERJ) won a $355 million contract from the U.S. Air Force to supply Afghanistan with 20 planes.
9. Manhattan’s biggest office landlord, SL Green Realty (SLG), is buying the HarperCollins Building on East 53rd Street for about $265 million, say two people with knowledge of the deal.
10. The developer of skyscraper One57 is asking $110 million for a six-bedroom penthouse overlooking Central Park. That price would be a record for a single Manhattan residence.