Markets & Finance
M&A News: Unilever, Berkshire Hathaway, Marine Harvest, Cermaq, Bayer, Conceptus
2. Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway (BRK/A) will pay $2.1 billion for the 20 percent it doesn’t own of IMC International Metalworking, an Israeli maker of aerospace and auto manufacturing gear.
3. Oslo-based Marine Harvest (MHG:NO), the fish-farming company controlled by billionaire John Fredriksen, offered $1.7 billion to acquire competitor Cermaq.
5. Telenor Group, the Nordic region’s largest telecommunications operator, will purchase Hellenic Telecommunications Organization’s (HTO:GA) Bulgarian mobile unit, Globul, for $934 million.
8. Eastman Kodak will spin off its personalized imaging and document imaging businesses for $650 million as part of a plan to settle $2.8 billion of claims and exit bankruptcy.
9. Alibaba Group, owner of China’s leading e-commerce site, will pay $586 million for a stake of about 18 percent in the Twitter-like service Weibo.
10. An autographed photo of the 1927 World Series champion New York Yankees fetched $275,706 at auction. The lineup that year, nicknamed Murderers’ Row, included Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Tony Lazzeri, and Earle Combs.